What is ChristLife? ChristLife is a program that invites people to personally encounter Jesus Christ, be transformed into His missionary disciples, and learn how to share the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Why are The Church of the Incarnation and Holy Comforter doing ChristLife? For others to encounter the love of God the Father, enter into or renew a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, be empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as God’s children, grow in that relationship, and help others do the same.
The ChristLife Program* is made up of three courses:
- DiscoveringChrist: A seven-week experience where anyone and everyone, from the baptized in the pews to the unbaptized, is invited to hear the Good News and personally encounter Jesus Christ.
- Following Christ: A seven-week journey that explores and encourages Catholic discipleship.
- Sharing Christ: A seven-week mission that trains Catholics to share Jesus Christ with others and invite them to be part of the Church.
Each weekly session includes worship, video teaching, and small group discussion. Each Discovering Christ session begins with a full meal. Each course also includes a 1-day retreat.
Future ChristLife Courses:
The next Discovering Christ (DC) course will begin in the Fall of 2024. More information about Discovering Christ can be found here.
The next Following Christ (FC) course will begin on January 16, 2024. Registration for the course can be found on the Following Christ course page. Note: It is desirable that you have already attended Discovering Christ, Alpha, Cursillo, or a similar program before registering. More information about the Following Christ Course can be found here.
The next Sharing Christ (SC) will start on April 16, 2024. Note: It is desirable that you have already attended Following Christ, made a Cursillo, or attended a similar program before registering. More information about the Sharing Christ Course can be found here.
Note: All courses will be offered in person and on Zoom.
Did you know that?
Of those people baptized as infants in Catholic Churches:
- 15% do not make their First Communion.
- of the 85% that are left, 42% do not receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- We lose 80% of confirmandi after high school.
In the United States:
- 17% of the population is a None (no religion); 24% of 18 to 29-year-olds are Nones.
- Four times as many people leave the Catholic Church as join it as adults.
- 52% of Catholics either don’t think a personal relationship with Christ is possible or they aren’t sure one way or the other.
- Of those 18 to 29 years of, 60% don’t believe a personal relationship with Christ is possible.
- Ages 30-49: 54% don’t believe in a personal relationship with Christ.
- Ages 50-64: 46% don’t believe in a personal relationship with Christ.
Source: Forming Intentional Disciples, Sherry Weddell