We are re-designing Incarnation’s community garden this year and moving it to a larger site on the church property! Participating in a community garden can help you better understand and appreciate God’s creation. If you would like a plot in Incarnation’s community garden this year, or if you would like to tend one of the plots that will be providing produce to our food ministry, please send an email to Muriel Grim.
Incarnation Catholic Church in Charlottesville, VA is seeking a full-time Music Coordinator. Incarnation is a medium size multi-lingual parish with a strong history of congregational singing. This position would have primary responsibility for the three English language Masses, including directing a parish choir. In addition, the music coordinator would work with the several Spanish language ensembles that provide music for our three Spanish language Masses. The music coordinator would have principle responsibility for providing and/or scheduling music ministry for other liturgical services including, but not limited to, funerals, weddings, solemn Evening Prayer, and Parish bi-lingual celebrations.
In the wake of the effects of the pandemic on Church life, there would be a certain amount of rebuilding necessary for this ministry. That rebuilding is also an opportunity to develop the ministry to align with our parish mission statement, “to know, love, serve, and proclaim our Lord Jesus Christ.” The focus in rebuilding would be how to enhance the Sunday experience as a means of worship and evangelization.
The position requires proficiency on piano and/or organ, and vocal accompaniment. Although knowledge of Spanish is not required, it would be extremely helpful in this position. This position would report to the pastor and work in collaboration with the Coordinator of Liturgy and other parish staff. The salary and benefits follow the Diocese of Richmond salary scale.
Please send resume and application to Incarnation Office.
If you are unable to register for Mass because capacity has been met, please come anyway at the time you wish to participate! We have overflow seating in the Parish Hall. The Parish Hall is live streamed, and you will be able to participate in Holy Communion.
Until social distancing restrictions are eased, we can accommodate more people this way.
If you have any questions, please call the office (434) 973-4381 or Vonne Hillman (434) 465-2668
Bishop Knestout’s dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass is still in effect for ALL Catholics.
What to expect when you return to public Mass:
- Do not sign up or attend Mass if you or anyone in your household answers “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had a fever in the past two (2) weeks?
- Do you or anyone in your household have a new cough or new shortness of breath?
- In the past two (2) weeks, have you been exposed–less than six (6) feet for greater than 15 minutes–to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?
- Face coverings are required for anyone age 5 or older.
- Maintain social distance (6 feet) at all times.
- Follow all instructions given by our ushers/greeters.
Not yet a member of FORMED.org? Membership for every parishioner is FREE through September of 2021, through a generous donation from a parishioner. Click here to signup! Watch/Listen to the FORMED.org picks of the week.
Pope St. John Paul II – “Faith is strengthened when it is given to others.”
The evangelization team needs you!
• Table Leaders & Assistants (1 each per 6-8 course attendees)
Alpha – Need good facilitator skills to keep the “conversation” moving with everyone participating. Able to inject your point of view into the “conversation” in a way that does not inhibit participants talking.
ChristLife – Need to be mentors/trainers/coaches in spiritual disciplines and evangelization.
• Master(s) of Ceremonies/Worship Leader (1 per ChristLife/Alpha course). Tell jokes, keep the course on time ask trivia questions, etc. Introduce the various meeting activities (talks, prayer, music, etc.). Lead Worship during ChristLife courses.
• Zoom Operator.
• Member of the Prayer Team. Pray for all of the participants daily and especially during meetings.
Training will be provided for all teams.
Course Descriptions (all courses utilize a video talk and small group discussion):
Alpha – Alpha is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Alpha is for anyone who’s curious. The talks are designed to encourage conversation and explore the basics of the Christian faith. An Alpha course is 12 weeks long.
Following Christ (ChristLife) – A seven-week journey that explores and encourages Catholic discipleship.
Sharing Christ (ChristLife) – A seven-week mission that trains Catholics to share Jesus Christ with others and invite them to be part of the Church.
Alpha: Wednesdays (4/21 – 6/30/21) on Zoom and in person in the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022.
Following Christ: Fall 2021 & Winter 2022
Sharing Christ: Tuesdays (4/27/21-6/5/21)
To sign up, click this link.