Draw us forth, God of all creation.
Draw us forward and away from limited certainty
into the immense world of your love.
Give us the capacity to even for a moment
taste the richness of the feast you give us.
Give us the peace to live with uncertainty,
Help us to experience the resurrection anew
with open wonder and an increasing ability
to see you in the people of Easter. Amen.
Set aside time to take a walk outside for at least 20 minutes. Walking allows us an opportunity for reflection. Being outside–especially during quarantine–can drastically improve our mood. Exercise can help us stay healthy and keep us in good spirits.
- Why is the resurrection such a big deal? What would be different if Jesus hadn’t risen from the dead?
- After reading all of the different Bible passages of what happened after the resurrection, which part did you find the most interesting or noteworthy and why?
- When was the last time you were so excited about something that you ran?
- Jesus is alive! Right now! Really! How well (or not well) do you understand and embrace that truth?
- In your life right now, are you moving toward God or away from God? What can you do to point yourself closer to God? What would help you to run toward God?
Prayer — St. Hippolytus of Rome
Christ is Risen: The world below lies desolate
Christ is Risen: The spirits of evil are fallen
Christ is Risen: The angels of God are rejoicing
Christ is Risen: The tombs of the dead are empty
Christ is Risen indeed from the dead,
the first of the sleepers,
Glory and power are his forever and ever. Amen.