As we prepare for the holiday season, the stress of material gifts can be overwhelming. We’re inviting parishioners to consider Alternative Gifts… donating to charity in someone’s name, or giving fair trade items. This year, we won’t have an in-person fair after Masses, but still want to encourage you to move away from materialism.
Also, Giving Tuesday is the December 1, right after Thanksgiving. Here are some links to Incarnation ministries that you can donate to on Giving Tuesday, or as part of your Alternative Giving tradition!
Incarnation (the parish, the Outreach Ministry, or the Haiti Ministry)
- The parish supports staff salaries, as well as capital improvements and necesary maintenance
- The Outreach Ministry supports food ministry and financial assistance
- The Haiti Ministry sponsors two schools and a clinic run by the Little Sisters and Little Brothers of the Incarnation in Pandiassou, Haiti
Habitat for Humanity (affordable home ownership)
IMPACT (interfaith community organizing and justice ministry)
Hope for Haiti (Diocese of Richmond)
- There is a new diocesan fund to support regional projects and non-twin parishes, with a goal of raising $20,000+
- There is a $50,000 matching grant for food support in the Diocese of Hinche
- There is a $9,000 matching grant for education support
Casa Alma (Charlottesville Catholic Worker)
Sin Barreras/Without Barriers (immigrant outreach and advocacy)
St. Vincent de Paul, Holy Trinity Conference (financial aid and faith building in Charlottesville)
PACEM (housing the homeless in Charlottesville)