Racism has been called the “original sin” of our country. The US bishops have spoken against racism, both individual and institutional for decades, and as Catholics, we know that racism is an affront on human dignity. Here we have several resources about racism from a Catholic perspective, both in our national and local communities. Please check them out!
- Open Wide Our Hearts – A Pastoral Letter Against Racism by the USCCB
- Getting Honest and Uncomfortable About Race and Discrimination
- Fr. Bryan Massingale talks about White Privilege in the National Catholic Reporter
- Sr. Thea Bowman addressing the U.S. Bishops in 1989
- Racism in our Streets and in our Structures (a panel from Georgetown University)