Church of the Incarnation Holiday PACEM Support December 20, 21, 22, & 23 Meals Program
Traditionally, at this time of year, many of us at the Church of the Incarnation would be getting ready to once again provide hospitality to our People and Congregations Engaged in Ministry (PACEM) guests. We would be converting our PAC into a warm, welcoming, and lovable shelter for two weeks for the homeless men in our community, and eagerly signing up to provide meals, activities, and fellowship for our guests. This year is different and we will not be hosting but rather providing the food for other host churches.
To meet that need, PACEM has lined up 5 downtown churches with large spaces (to provide proper distancing) to house the men for one month at a time. Other churches that have traditionally hosted, such as Incarnation, are being asked to provide food to assist these shelters. In December the men will be housed at First United Methodist
We have signed up to provide 24 meals each night for December 20, 21, 22, and 23. This is a special opportunity to serve the people who do not have their own place to stay during the winter months and share in God’s Abundance.
Here is what will be needed each day.
- 3 Main Meal Cooks to each provide 8 boxed meals (there will be a set menu and containers will be provided) Recipes will be provided for the Chicken casserole and the Cordon Bleu
- 2 Dessert Cooks to each provide 15 desserts (cookies or brownies) in baggies
- 1 person to provide 24 salty snacks
- 1 Deliverer of the food (pick up the food at Incarnation and drive it to the host site)
- 1 Lead Coordinator for each day to call and remind people of their commitment
Here is the link for the Signup Genius for those dates.
Click here to download a Prayer for the Homeless
Here is a link for the Chicken Casserole Recipe
Here is the link for the Cordon Bleu Recipe
Please signup. This is an opportunity to help folks in need and share in God’s Abundance.
Also, visit our PACEM (Help the Homeless) page to learn of more ways you can help.