Pastoral Council is the lay leadership of our church. We bring the voices, needs and concerns of the entire faith community to our work.
The Pastoral Council began a new term on September 1, 2020, with 10 members and a new Executive Committee. Currently, Council members serve one-year, two-year, or three-year terms. As members’ terms come to an end, new members are appointed through the discernment process.
What is the role of the Pastoral Council at Incarnation?
- Work on focused, long-term planning for the parish, using the Parish Vision Statement as a guide.
- Provide input and help the pastor make decisions on matters brought before the Council
- Support Diocesan initiatives such as the New Evangelization
- Participate in faith formation through prayer and retreat
- Formulate plans to better meet the spiritual needs in our parish and greater community
- Collaborate with the parish staff, Finance Council, and ministries of the Parish
- Address any matters that relate to the well-being of the Parish
How long do Pastoral Council members serve?
Parish Council will be transitioning to rotating three-year terms for members over the next few years. For 2020-2023, Parish Council members serve a one-, two- or three-year term.
# of Members Term
4 members 1-year
3 members 2-years
3 members 3-years
When terms expire, the Pastor will appoint new Council members to a new three-year term using the discernment process.
The maximum term that a member is able to serve on Council is six years. If circumstances prevent a Council member from completing their term, the Pastor may appoint a new member to complete the remainder of the term on Council.
Who is on the Pastoral Council?
The council consists of up to 10 members of the parish and is presided over by the Pastor. Active, registered members of the parish are eligible for membership on the council. Pastoral Council meetings are conducted in English. Translation services for Spanish-speaking members are available upon request.
Current Pastoral Council members are:
Member Name Term
Lesly Aleman 2-years
Doug Campbell 3-years
Carmen Chandross 2-years
Patti Clifford 1-year
Saray De la Cruz 1-year
Michelle Edwards 1-year
Mitchell Hillman 2-years
Marianne Kish 3-years
Sarah Jones 1-year
Mark Niehaus 3-years
The council includes an Executive Committee, which is discerned after the new Pastoral Council is formed. The Executive Committee members for 2020-2021 are:
- Marianne Kish, Chair – submits the agenda, leads the Council meeting
- Sarah Jones, Vice-Chair – supports the Chair
- Doug Campbell, Secretary – coordinates and communicates meeting logistics, distributes agenda and minutes
The role of the Executive Committee is to set the agenda, run the Council meetings, manage follow-up actions following the Council meetings, and coordinate the annual discernment process.
When and where are Pastoral Council meetings held?
Pastoral Council meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. In addition to the monthly meetings, there is an annual retreat that members are expected to attend. The parish traditionally holds a Council Litnic in July to celebrate new and departing members.
When does the Executive Committee meet?
Executive Committee meeting times are set by the committee after it is appointed. They typically meet once a month for an hour, two weeks prior to the monthly Pastoral Council meeting.
2020-2021 Meeting Minutes: